Description

...a journal of happy rambling thoughts, of precious moments captured, of love and all its friends.

Top Image

Top Image

Mood Board: Rustic Country Kitchen

Posted on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013


Through all my recent meanderings along the beach with Leo, I have been totally inspired by the coastal colour palette and the rough, natural texture of the shells and driftwood that we collect.  It makes a perfect reference point for the home, bringing the inherently soothing qualities of the cool tones and organic materials into everyday living spaces.  This rustic kitchen is a stunning example - it combines the authenticity of bleached timber and Calcutta marble with lots of fresh white paint and subway tiles.  The result is absolutely breathtaking.

Details that I love:

  • The rough hewn shelving
  • The choice of pendant lighting
  • The timber cladding that carries the theme through from the kitchen cabinetry






Interior Mood Board

Cabinetry: Custom fabricated drawers and doors in Bleached Oak
Benchtop: Aquagold marble from Sareen Stone 
Splashback Tiles: White Subway Tiles from Tiles By Kate
Butlers Sink: Belfast Sinks
Pendant Lighting: Magins Lighting

Bleached Oak 

Aquagold Marble













Butler Sink

White Subway Tiles















Boston Pendant Light




4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love, love, love this kitchen! And that pendant light makes my heart sing. And the subway tiles . . . and the marble . . . and the shelving. Sigh. xo Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful kitchen. I live by the sea and always feel inspired after walks on the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great big space! love this. My kitchen is such a small one... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing kitchen design. I love this kind of airy and good space kitchens. I would love to add this design into my kitchen designs collections. This is looking really wonderful.I love its wooden wall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, we love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Soul Studio All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger